MAHOGANY SESSIONS: UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL.
OXFORDSHIRE, UK. 12-14 APRIL 2019.
The opportunity to witness breakthrough musical talent in an intriguing setting, attending the live recording of a unique Mahogany Session – an exclusive session arranged solely for BMW i Pure Impulse members – is a must-do for music fans in the know. Gain behind-the-scenes production insights with Mahogany, one of the most popular online music broadcasters, as they film Toby Johnson, a singer-songwriter whose blend of pop-infused folk is an exciting new addition to the UK music scene.
Spend a beautiful spring afternoon at Bicester Heritage, a stunningly restored RAF bomber station used in World War II, joining the film crew and listening in on the live recording of the latest Mahogany Session, previous editions of which have brought performances by such illustrious names as George Ezra, Laura Marling, Bastille and Rag’n’Bone Man to a dedicated audience in the millions.
Mahogany is also known for taking raw talent into the spotlight, and with two EPs under his belt, Toby Johnson is a bright emerging star set for big things in 2019. His music balances folk sensibilities with pop fundamentals and takes inspiration from the likes of Paul Simon, Neil Young and Ed Sheeran.
Your day of discovery starts after a leisurely breakfast on Saturday, when a short scenic drive takes you from the hotel through the gorgeous English countryside. Our first stop will be lunch, before we immerse ourselves into the behind-the-scenes world of recording with this exclusive Mahogany session at Bicester Heritage.
The day of exploring future sounds will conclude over a relaxed dinner with Toby Johnson and some of the Mahogany crew, where you will also hear directly from the team about the workings behind this hugely popular independent online channel –unmissable insider observations for those passionate about music.
This event includes the following benefits:
- Two nights’ accommodation at the newly refurbished Minster Mill hotel at the charming village of Minster Lovell, Oxfordshire, in a double room for one BMW i Pure Impulse member and accompanying guest, including breakfast
- Welcome dinner at the hotel on the evening of 12 April
- Short scenic drive on the morning 13 April, followed by lunch at well-renowned countryside pub The Bell at Hampton Poyle
- Access to a private Mahogany Session, including special behind-the-scenes experience with up-and-coming artist Toby Johnson, exclusively arranged for BMW i Pure Impulse members and their guests only
- Farewell dinner with artist Toby Johnson as well as some of the Mahogany Sessions team at the hotel on 13 April
Organiser: JI Events & Services GmbH, Hanns-Seidel-Platz 5, 81737 München
Please also note that a participation fee of EUR 450 (incl. VAT if applicable) is payable to the organiser JI Events & Services GmbH.
Booking period begins 15 February 2019. Please note event booking is on a first come, first served basis.
Event language: English
Please note that no transfers or cars are provided for this event.