STEERING THE STELVIO.
MUNICH, GERMANY TO BORMIO, ITALY. 6-9 JUNE 2019.
Join us for the first ever BMW i Pure Impulse scenic drive that crosses country borders.
Taking off from Munich, the hometown of BMW, you will make your way south all the way to the charming, cobble-stoned Italian town of Bormio, set at 1,225 metres above sea level in what is nothing less than a spectacular route.
The day before the drive, you will meet your fellow BMW i Pure Impulse members at the brand-new Andaz Munich Schwabinger Tor hotel, which opened in February and captures Munich’s unique style in its hip rooms und public spaces.
A welcome dinner will give you a chance to meet new friends or re-connect with old acquaintances, before you will enjoy a restful stay ahead of the next morning’s departure.
The most stunning mountain panorama will open up in front of you as you head out of Munich and towards the German and Austrian Alps, with the majestic Zugspitze growing closer with every kilometre you drive. This will also be our backdrop as we break for coffee mid-morning.
Our lunch spot will be the beautiful Traube Post, near Lake Reschen, that is famous for its single church steeple tower in the middle of the lake – the single visible remnant of several towns that were flooded in 1950 to create a dam in order to harvest seasonal electricity. Legend has it the bells can still be heard on cold winter nights – even though they were removed decades ago.
Towards the end of the drive, you will be also be able to tick off an item listed on every driving aficionado’s bucket list: the Stelvio Pass, the second highest paved road in the Eastern Alps. Climbing to a maximum height of 2,757 metres, it features 60 exhilarating hairpin bends – 48 just on the northern pass – and affords those tackling it spectacular views of the breathtaking mountain scenery.
Once arrived in Bormio, a Medieval town in the heart of the Italian Alps, which is famous for its thermal springs and year-round skiing options, you will check into the charming boutique mountain design hotel Alù, your base for the next two nights.
The next day, you will have the chance to explore this charming town, the marvelous Valtellina landscape with its impressive steep mountains and valleys and terraced vinyards, and the local cuisine during a special programme of activities with your fellow BMW i Pure Impulse members.
This event includes the following benefits:
- One nights’ accommodation at the newly opened Andaz Munich Schwabinger Tor in Munich, in a double room, for one BMW i Pure Impulse member and one accompanying guest, including breakfast and parking, on 6 June
- Welcome dinner and road book briefing at the Andaz hotel on the evening of 6 June
- Picturesque scenic drive, especially designed for BMW i Pure Impulse members, in your own BMW i8 on 7 June
- Coffee and lunch breaks en route to Bormio
- Two nights’ accommodation at Hotel Alù, in a double room, for one BMW i Pure Impulse member and one accompanying guest, including breakfast and parking, from 7-9 June
- Dinner at Hotel Alù on 7 June
- E mountain bike tour and other planned activities on 8 June
- Farewell dinner in Bormio on 8 June
Organiser: JI Events & Services GmbH, Hanns-Seidel-Platz 5, 81737 München
Please also note that a participation fee of EUR 550 (incl. VAT if applicable) is payable to the organiser JI Events & Services GmbH.
Booking period from 29 March until 10.00am CEST on 18 April 2019.
In the event of participation requests exceeding the number of available spaces, places will be allocated randomly by drawing lots.
Event language: English/German